Friday, January 15, 2010

Are You Free?


Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.(John 8: 31-32)

Each morning when I get up out of bed, I thank God for all of the blessings He has given me. The greatest blessings I have received from God is when I finally realized who He was and accepted His free gift of Salvation. It's hard for me now to understand why anyone would refuse God's free gift of eternal life.

Our awesome God is the creator of the universe and everything in it. It is just mind boggling to even think that a God that is so powerful and almighty even entertained the thought of loving such a person like me. Just think about it. Here is a living God who has control over everything and He wants to have a personal relationship with you and me who are like grains of sand in this world.

I just love the biblical truths that are found in the above scriptures. Jesus is talking with a group of Jewish people that have been following Him around for quite sometime now. Jesus tells them that they can be His disciples (followers) only if they will abide in His word. The dictionary definition to abide is: To remain steadfast or faithful to. So Jesus wanted His disciples to continue to be faithful to His word.

Jesus then lets them know that if they remain faithful in His word, then they will know the "Truth" and it with set them free. What a profound statement. We know that Jesus is the "Truth" because Jesus Himself said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6). What peace and joy we should have knowing that abiding in the "Truth" will make us free.

Father God, I am so thankful that Your Spirit has written the truth in my heart and that the truth shall make me free from guilt, sin, misery, and the devil.

0 comments: