Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Are you armored up for battle?


Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Ephesians 6:13)

Living in the world is really hard sometimes for a Christian because Satan continually tries to tempt us into joining him. Each morning when I get up from bed, I make sure I put on the whole armor that God has made available to me. I gird my waist with the truth, then I put on the breastplate of righteousness. I shod my feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace. I then take up the shield of faith, put on the helmet of salvation, and pick up the sword of the Spirit. Now I am ready for battle and to fend off all the temptations Satan throws my way.

Father God, thank You for giving me everything I need to protect myself against the fiery darts of the devil.

0 comments: