Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolution !


Hard to believe that this year is almost over. This is the time of year that I usually set down and figure out all of the things I want to accomplish for the new year to come. Thinking back on this year, I can see that there are a few things I did not get accomplished. For instance, there's my "honey do" list that has been getting longer since I retired. I do feel a little bit of pride for finishing a few items listed, but there is always something I didn't get finished that seems to come back and haunt me.

I think that my New Year's Resolution is going to be to get rid of my "honey do" list and start out fresh. I would start out the year by not allowing myself to procrastinate on things that need to be done around the house. I'm going to set up a priority list on the things I want to accomplish in 2010, by putting the most important thing first and the least important thing last. I'm not gong to let myself feel guilty about the things that don't get done on the bottom of my list.

I believe that this is the problem that many people have today. Sometimes we allow our minds to dwell on all of the little unimportant things in life, instead of concentrating on the things that makes life worth living.

Let us all set our priorities next year on the things that really matter. Let us work on our relationship with God, our love for our families, and reach out to help those who are less fortunate and in need.

I wish everyone a Happy New Years and may God continue to bless each of you.

0 comments: