Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jesus Lightens Our Burdens in Life


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. (Matthew 25: 28-30)

With the Christmas season comes a lot of joy and happiness when we are with our families and share with each other the love that comes from giving oneself. But not all will be joyful and happy as Christmas draws near. Those who are out of work, homeless, lonely and without families, may feel themselves slip into a depression.

Jesus tells us to come to Him and He will share our "Yoke" and make our burdens light. What does our Lord mean by this? Well, first of all, a yoke was used in Jesus' day on oxen so the heavy burdens (loads) could be shared equally with each animal. So Jesus wants to share your "Heavy Burdens".

The dictionary defines "Heavy Laden or Burden" as being very tired, troubled or carrying a heavy load. Now when we trust in Jesus and allow Him to share our "Yoke" all of our burdens in life become "lighter" and we find rest for our souls. Thank you Jesus for making my burdens in life easier to handle as we draw near to celebrate Your birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you for the comment. Everytime I get to the point where I feel that I can no longer go on, I always think of the promise that our Lord made to me about helping me carry my burdens. God bless, Lloyd

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)