Thursday, December 10, 2009

Follow Me!


My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. (John 10:27-28)

Yesterday, while visiting with one of my Hospice patients, I began to think about how much our Lord loves us and that He promises us that He will never allow anyone or anything to take us away from Him. This biblical truth is also confirmed by the Apostle Paul in Romans 8:38-39.

Even tho this dear soul was dying from heart failure, he explained to me his love for the Lord and that when the time was right, the Lord would take him home. We discussed the joy and happiness that all Believers have in knowing the blessed assurance that, in God's timing, we will all be in the loving arms of our Savior.

How sad it is that some people will never hear the Shepherds voice when He knocks on the door of their hearts and says "Follow Me". Even tho it is God's desire to have everyone accept His son Jesus as their Lord and Savior, few will follow. What will your answer be when the Lord knocks on your heart's door?

0 comments: