Monday, December 21, 2009

The Free Gift of Salvation


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)


We have such a great and loving God, full of Mercy and Grace. It is hard for me to comprehend the extent of our God's love for us. God loved us so much that He came to earth, incarnated as Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. When I think of the pain and suffering that my Lord endured just too save a sinner like me it makes me want to reach out to Him and say "Thank you Lord!". My Lord's suffering makes anything that I might go through seem so minor and insignificant.

Just the thought of everlasting life and knowing that God has a place for me in Heaven brings peace and joy to me even in trying times. Do you have the peace and joy that I am talking about? God's gift of Salvation is free. All you have to do is accept His Son Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Is this the day that you will accept your free gift from God?

0 comments: