Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nature of God’s Love


"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5: 6-8)

Well, Thanksgiving is over now and most of the left-over turkey is gone. While I set here thinking about the love I have for my family and fun we had just spending time together, it's hard not to think about God's unconditional love.

It is hard for me to imagine that even before I became a "believer" and was living my life in a self-centered and selfish way, God still loved me. In fact, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for all of our sins (John 3:16). Now that is past, present and even future sins.... Isn't that amazing.

And God made it so easy to draw near to Him. All we need to do is to turn away from our sins and to turn to Jesus and accept Him as our Lord and Savior. The Bible tells us "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)." The question is: Are you going to accept God's free gift of Salvation today?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.