Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Joseph NOT in vegetative state!



LONDON, Ontario, February 24, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Dying one-year-old Joseph Maraachli’s family says two new videos of him flailing and reacting to tickling belie his hospital’s claim that he is in a permanent vegetative state.

The video of Joseph being tickled, which was shot Sunday evening only hours before the hospital had planned to remove his life support, also shows Joseph’s hands tied down - a measure the hospital took after Joseph removed the tube from his throat on at least two separate occasions.

“How can a baby be in a vegetative state who has his hands tied - as we speak - for him to not pull out his tube?” asked Joseph’s aunt, Samar Nader. “How does a baby in a vegetative state respond to combing or tickling?"

“What really boggles my mind is how we’re not allowed to videotape him or have media outlets watching him to show the public what he’s like,” she added. “That’s very frustrating.” Click "Here" for complete story.
_________________________________________________

This is a very "heartfelt" story of how the family of a one year old little boy is fighting the hospital in an attempt to remove all life support. The hospital claims little Joseph is in a vegetative state but the parents have video prove that their son is still responsive to their loving touch. It makes me wonder why the hospital is in such a hurry to end little Joseph's life.

Father God, it is my prayer this morning that you be with little Joseph and his family. I pray that the medical team that is working on this child will have the wisdom and compassion neccessary to comfort the family when the time comes for little guy to make his way home to You. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

UPDATE: Baby Joseph can go home to die, but without tracheotomy.  Click "Here" for complete story.

UPDATE: Standing jet ready to take Baby Joseph to any willing U.S. Hospital.  Click "Here" for complete story.

UPDATE: Baby Joseph airlifted to U.S. hospital.  Clich "Here" for complete story.

13 comments:

Jessica Kramasz said...

Sounds exactly like what happened to Terry Shiavo. So sad.
I will be praying.

Teresa said...

This is so sad... I hope God opens and changes the hospital staffs' hearts and souls. This is eerily similar to what happened to Terry Shiavo. Will be praying.

Anonymous said...

i will bw praying.

Jan Samuel said...

Power of prayer is great,
and we will pray!
We shall also pray all our friends about praying.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD.
Jan Samuel.

WORLASI said...

Sometimes I think hospitals outside Ghana are different anddo better. Its soo sad how some patients are being treated in hospitals. Some are really pushed to death even when they are not close to dying. It cuts across all feilds and countries. Go to our psychiatric hospitals especially in Africa and see what goes on. Even my country Ghana. There was a video on the Osu Childrens Home by Anas Aremeyaw Anas and its really a sad story. God have mercy on us all.

Christinewjc said...

The moment that I heard about this baby I thought of that horrible dehydration death of Terry Schiavo. The priest who was attending her wanted to take the water from the vase of flowers at her bedside and give her some to drink. But, because he was being watched day and night, he couldn't. How awful.

What ever happened to the oath, "first do no harm?" It must have ended when abortion was legalized.

Donald Fishgrab said...

It is a powerful reminder of I Timothy 6:10's statement, "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." Modern medicine is often more about how to make more money than about healing or helping people. Thank God, this earth is temporary.

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thank you so much for stopping by. Returning the favor and now following.

Anonymous said...

Oh, when a friend shared this last week I could not believe it. It is so sad and it makes me angry too. I cannot begin to imagine the nightmare these people are going through. We must pray.

Anonymous said...

OK, timt to educate. Look at the video again. The boys eyes are fixed, his face has no expression and no facial movements. Hi movements are either myoclonic jerks (terribly abnormal) or spinal reflexes. What little is shown in this video supports a "vegetative state" 100%.

Don't be so gullible.

Sam Sansalone

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Anonymous - Thank you for your medical observations. I believe that the issues here is that the parents of this dying child would like to have a simple operation performed so he could continue to breathe when they take him home. God bless, Lloyd

TWL said...

When I was born, the doctors told my parents to just leave me in the hospital because I would not live. My mother told him, "If she is going to die, I want her to die at home." Thank God! She prayed and my mothers doctor took pictures of me and posted them in his office until the day he died, touting me as a miracle baby!

I did have problems with nosebleeds, which would start for no reason, and I would have to be taken to the ER to have them stopped, sometimes being packed in ice. Long story short, when I was 12 years old, I died from a nosebleed in my sleep, and I thought it was a dream, the talk I had with Jesus, when He said, "I have something that I would like for you to do for Me, will you do it?" I said yes, and He said, "You have to go back." Years later, I asked God about the "dream" and He said, "Turn to Ezekiel 16:6". It says, "I came by and saw you drowning in your own blood and I said, 'Live'!"

I am now 53, my mother is 81 and my father has gone home to be with the Lord. I pray that baby Joseph will live and not die and declare the works of God as I am doing! In the MIGHTY NAME of JESUS! Amen and amen. God alone decides when life ends. Our times are in His hands.

Jesus is Lord!

Carolyn

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Carolyn: I want to personally thank you for this inspirational testimony of how God has worked in your life. Baby Joseph is in our Lord's hands. God never changes...He performs miracles daily and He always listens to His children when they pray. God bless you my sister in Christ. Lloyd